First Post (College Tech-fest help)

Prateek Sharma prateek3.14 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:40:34 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,
	I am Prateek Sharma. I am a student of BITS-Pilani.

	We have started a 'Linux Users Club' in my college BITS-Pilani. We
started out last semester in September. Just as is the case with
almost every LUG, our primary aim is to build and sustain a strong
community of Linux users on campus.
	There is a college tech-fest 'Apogee' coming up in March, and we, as
Bits Linux Users Club are planning to hold several events. However,
participation is high only when there is some incentive for the
participants/winners, and hence we need to give away some prizes.
Problem is, we don't have any resources.
          So, does anyone here know if companies like Red Hat etc.
will  be willing to help us out by providing us with CDs and other
merchandise to give away? Whom do i contact for the same? Can the
Fedora Ambassadors help me here?
Btw, we were also hoping to have a guest-lecture by someone involved
with linux. Anyone here who can enlighten us all?
Thanks in advance.

Prateek Sharma
[BITS Linux Users Club : http://groups.google.com/group/bluc]

PS: The google group is pretty much stagnant because almost all of the
communication is held on the internal forums etc.