[fedora-india] Regarding server management

Sameep sameepk at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 11:15:35 UTC 2008

>I recently got a offer from a local ISP . They want me to build and
maintain a low cost linux server which will manage and distribute
bandwidth as per client package or scheme. Moreover it will >keep
details about bandwidth used by clients, online time, download and
upload details etc. The ISP is using a 8mbps connection as input.
>How can I accomplish this job?  Currently I am trying Squid to distribute the bandwidth. But I dont want to use a proxy server.

Why don't you use a router?

Regards,

Sameep