[fedora-india] Ankit on his experience about l10n work

Pradeepto Bhattacharya pradeeptob at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 04:08:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kushal Das wrote:
>
>> Here [1] is a video on Ankit who speaks about his experience on l10n work.
>>

>> [1] http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3489704802156050757&hl=en
>
> We need to keep the videos down to 360 seconds (max) and we would
> require to come up with some sort of a template of points that the video
> requires to cover.

          yes +1, that and also if the noise could be minimised a bit,
since I wondered if Kushal was tapping on the mic all the time ;).
Also panning and zooming could be avoided imo. Benefits of keeping it
small are many, with so much localisation power in hand/house, you
could even have subtitles in multiple languages. ( some what wild
idea, but for example Ankit's video should bring in more folks to .gu
l10n work, and sub-titles in Gujarati can convince more people )

          Cheers!

Pradeepto
--
The KDE Project : http://www.kde.org