[fedora-india] Fedora Freemedia India, A plan.

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 06:41:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- 2009/4/1 Siddharth Upmanyu <siddharth at techbugs.org>:
| There are two aspects of a not functional FreeMedia India program..
\--

Why so many "processes" in distributing Fedora?

---
| 2. and two is difficulty in decentralizing the efforts.. (people dont like
| to buy media and get it burned from LocalContacts after filling the
| MediaForm which is not very understandable but true..
\--

Decentralization is not difficult. It already exists (just that people
are ignorant):
http://wikiwikiweb.de/LugsList

1. Most of the time (that I have observed) when people require a
distro, they ask in their local user groups, and they get a copy for
free or give a blank CD/DVD to get a copy:

And user group mailing lists are primarily the channel not just for
getting CDs/DVDs, but, also for subsequent help with installation, and
troubleshooting.

2. Fedora India ambassadors need to be *active* in their local user
group(s), as most of them tend to be the first point of contact for
newbies. Since, most of these user groups conduct workshops, organize
events, it is a good place to offer help with Fedora.

Being in the same locality also helps if you have to physically help
someone with installation, and troubleshooting.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com