[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Open Source program :FOSS

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:30:01 UTC 2009

2009/4/1 Rachit Gupta <rachit.tech at gmail.com>:
> Dear ambassadors,
>
> I am rachit gupta , Fedora ambassador of VIT University,Vellore,I have
> recently joined fedora ambassador program, i wish to launch a three day
> event dedicated to FOSS.i termed it FOSS-Kriti

Thanks for the initiative.
Please update the fedora event page as well.
This is  a must.

> Following will be the highlights of the event :
>
> day 1: introduction t/o fedora-Aim and objectives , covering basic idea of
> Open Source.this will be followed by fedora installation camp which will run
> for all the three day.

Fiine.

> day 2: bringing the developers and linux newbies together , this session
> will have seminars and guest lectures from linux experts from industry and
> educational institute.session will start with comparing features and powers
> of linux and other operating system.some most hot topic of open source
> technology and open source source software support.

Guest lectures on what topic? Can you please update on this?

> day 3: dedicated to give some hands on experience to linux newbies, session
> will include Linux kernel hack workshop and beagle hack workshop.

Are you sure you want to frighten newbies? ;)
They learn installation on 11th and kernel hack on 13th?
Please give this another thought.

> event planning is under progress.
>
> This event will be conducted in VIT University Vellore
> Tentiative dates : 10th,11th and 12th april.
>
> We will be requiring aprox 50 fedora DVD,respected authority please guide me
> , to get resources early in advance.conformation about he event will be
> mailed soon with event schedule.

For this, we need shall be needing confirmation and entry in the
fedora event page.

> It will be very gr8 if other regional ambassador , near to Vellore, India
> could join us.

I am cc'ing fedora-india and satish, who is also from vellore.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Susmit.