[fedora-india] Installing language support

das das at randomink.org
Fri Apr 24 10:35:53 UTC 2009

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>

>> Instead of cherry picking individual packages (such as the ones
>>
>> # yum install @<language>-support

No, doubt it is a better method, it works in one go, and I did not
know of this '@*' command before you wrote about it in the
bug-discussion.

I grew this habit of picking the packages because earlier I had a
severe limitation of disk-space, and I did not want to spend it on
anything other than what I absolutely need, like say, langpack-bn, or
moodle, or something.

And if that was the culprit, how come it worked on Gnome? So there is
something specific to Xfce. Why the input method chooser does not
automatically come with Xfce, like it comes with Gnome? Both Gnome and
Xfce were getting the same set of files, and one was working, while
the other was not. I think im-chooser must be one for the whole
system, and every X-Windows should draw the information from it. In
both Gnome and Xfce I ran 'im-chooser' from the command prompt, and it
popped up the same window, where iBus was already selected.

And the situation was more funny because after I installed the primary
thing from the DVD, Bangla input from iBus was working nice (it was
the default Gnome) and after I installed the Xfce things and logged
into Xfce, 'iBus' was showing alright, but not working. So the
superset was not working while the part was.

--
দাশ das
http://ddts.randomink.org/