[fedora-india] Re: Fedora-india Digest, Vol 24, Issue 17

Aveek Sen aveeksn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:08:12 UTC 2009

> Assuming that the college does not provide Internet connectivity in
> the hostels but does have it in the laboratories...

Not after college hours & even then it is intermittent.

> As far as "work" is concerned the situation seems far from ideal but
> definitely not insurmountable. If you can elaborate on what you meant
> by "my EVDO is not getting configured on F10 as per instructions on a
> few blogs" someone might be able to help.

I was trying to get my BSNL EVDO to work on F10, so that I can use it
to work on the Fedora offline repository project.

> Cheers,
> Debarshi

> 2. You already have a Fedora offline repository, so you don't have a
> need to download packages.

Actually I am unable to configure it as per the instructions on the
Durgapur LUG's offline repository project to work on the project; as I
am unable to get my BSNL EVDO working on F10. Also, electricity
connection is very bad throughout India now due to problems with the
power grid, but it is much worse in the college area. In main Agartala
electricity connection is still better.

> Well, I never gave you any deadlines, so you were free to work
> whenever you had the time.

I feel only if I start work I should have my name on the project list.
Till now I have not worked at all on the project & it has started long
time back. When I start work, I feel only then I will get my name
added.

> Moreover, I am continuing support discussions with people from
> Agartala, Tripura, online, since our first Fedora workshop. Sure, even
> they ought to face similar problems, but, they seem to work it out
> very well.
>
> You just need to do better time management.
Yes, that is also a problem at  times. But most of the time I have a
lot of free time; I don't have lectures in the afternoon three days a
week.
> SK
>
> --
> Shakthi Kannan