[fedora-india] FOSS.IN 2009 retrospective

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 12 11:48:10 UTC 2009

On 12/12/2009 05:10 PM, Aanjhan R wrote:

> Agreed. A community like Fedora does need a well rounded team and I
> never mentioned we are slacking. So wrt the challenge - I feel there
> is fairly a neat list out here http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join . I
> dont see what more needs to be done to get more people interested and
> get started.

IMO, breakdown individual tasks into small enough items. For QA, this
would involve bug triaging. You can triage a few bugs in an hour and
walk away and still make a useful contribution. This is difficult to do
for other teams but there are useful steps using whiteboard markers in
bugzilla like easyfix and studentproject

http://blog.chris.tylers.info/index.php?/archives/217-StudentProject-keyword-in-Fedora-Bugzilla.html

There is also the interest from existing contributors to use their
network of relationships to cultivate more contributions. That's
happening slowly but something we need to actively push for.

Lastly, I think we can plan a Fedora specific event next year and gather
all the contributors together on a hackfest.

Rahul