[fedora-india] Fedora India : Meet on 20th Sunday? 1130 AM IST?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:46:34 UTC 2009

hi,

We are trying to hold regular meetings every fortnight. The last was on
the 6th of Dec and didn't see much participation.

Please be there on the 20th at 1130AM for another fedora-india meeting
on #fedora at Freenode.

Agenda:

- New folks on the team can introduce themselves
- Questions/queries to be discussed.
- If there are people interested in learning RPM packaging, I could take
a quick hands on session for font packages to get them started (like
mether had done a year or so ago to get me started ;) )
We can post the logs to our blogs etc. to help other people as well.
- Any more people interested in taking fedora-india specific sessions, (even marketing etc)?
- If there are people who'd like guidance on how to contribute, they
should use this opportunity.

I request folks who are already contributors (and pats of various teams)to be present to help the
newbies (hiemanshu, mbuf, etc). (Please also put your hand up if you'd
like to take a mini session)

I'd request newbies to *please* be present and not to let this chance go
waste.

I'd also like to know what you rates you folks pay for getting media
mass pressed. I enquired at a site and have been given 27/dvd for 500
copies and 32/dvd for 300 copies[1]. Comments?

Please add more to the agenda.

REMINDER : folks whose blogs are not yet on the planet, please add them
asap[2]

regards,
Ankur

PS - I've already discussed the hands on with Shakti briefly. I'm
sticking to fedora-india because a session on classrooms will require a
lot of depth. This hands on is just intended as a quick starter.

[1] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/Ankur%20Sinha%2016.12.09.doc
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_Fedora_Planet