[fedora-india] Fwd: Hello

sankarshan sankarshan at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 17 09:11:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Any suggestions on this?

[snip]

> Hope this mail finds you in best of health. I contacted you sometime
> back with regard to summer training of my students in Acharya Narendra
> Dev College, Delhi Univ. This time also i have a request, we were
> looking for a person who could give an impressive 1 hr lecture on FOSS.
> Is it possible for you to suggest somebody's name to me.

Irrespective of who volunteers for this, please do keep in mind that
you will be the face of the Free and Open Source community. Do stress
upon the best aspects of the culture and community and, please do not
engage in a bad-mouthing of other software development models or,
spread FUD. If you have a story to share that is personal and, is
relevant to the talk, it would perhaps be ideal to share that, your
audience would be able to relate to you much quickly.

I realize that we all "know" the above. Repeating it doesn't do harm.
Just as profusely thanking the volunteer who will take time out to be
the speaker at this event.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>