[fedora-india] Fedora - India meet logs

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:05:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM, sankarshan
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
| How can this report generation be done for the first time and,
| automated thence forth ?
\--

Someone from the Fedora Infrastructure team can answer this? I don't
know the Infrastructure setup but, I believe this can be obtained from
the FAS accounts?

---
| Do we have lesser number of contributors who are permitted to
| undertake official/unofficial reviews ?
\--

Anyone part of the packaging team can do the review, I believe.
Sponsors are the people who give the final approval.

---
| Or, is it a function of such
| people not undertaking them often enough ?
\--

This needs to be answered by newcomers.

---
| I'd agree. However, a quick and trivial trawl of the packages under
| review or, packages reviewed tell me that the trend is more across
| special niches. Do you think that is not the way to go forward ?
\--

Special niches are fine. The people who are part of it have their
objectives, goals defined, and their vision is clear. What is required
is to assist newcomers to align their interests to any of the
sub-projects where they begin work.

---
| How can we make the newcomers feel that they are being welcome and,
| provide them with the feedback loop that makes them sustaining
| contributors ?
\--

Raise the flag, immediately!

If newcomers are stuck or need help, please don't hesitate to ping on
IRC (#fedora-india), or simply write to this list. Seriously, we are
least bothered about English or grammar.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com