[fedora-india] Events in Q1

Wed Feb 25 12:02:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

>From <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents#Asia.2C_India.2C_Australia_Q1>
it looks like we have a single event in Q1 currently.

So, if you are organizing or, helping to organize an event and, are
looking into the feasibility of whether some funds can be provided for
it via the Community Architecture budget, here's a couple of things
that would be useful:

[0] It needs to be listed on
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents> well ahead of time
[1] Give a quick read/re-read to
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/Organization>
[2] And, <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReportingGuidelines>
[3] To know about the process for re-imbursements, please follow
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements>

And, the important aspects -

[0] When you put up an entry on the Events page, please plan in
details for activities, talks, workshops and/or presentations around
The Fedora Project (*)

[1] Check up with the proposed/suggested speakers before putting their
names on your plan

[2] Not all speakers may be available to travel, so, if possible, try
to hook up VoIP or IRC talks

[3] The re-imbursements happen after the event is over and, there is
at least one report on the fedora-india list (along with
fedora-ambassadors list) and on Planet Fedora as a blog

[4] Make sure to keep your local Ambassador informed about the event
should you need any help

~sankarshan

(*) We love to talk about FOSS in general, but eventually we will end
up talking about Fedora and, this notion should be agreeable to the
organizers