[fedora-india] What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 10 13:55:28 UTC 2009

On 05/10/2009 07:16 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 18:53 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Check if the license is GPLv3 or GPLv3+. If the source header has
>> something like (c) foo GPLv3 or later, then it is GPLv3+
>>
> This is what the "usage" file states..
>
> You can redistribute and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General
> Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
> version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> So I'm guessing the license is GPLv2+, the src zip has a copy of the
> GPLv3 in it..

GPLv2+, yes.

Don't rely on the copy of the license. There is no difference between
GPLv2 or GPLv2+ within the license itself. What really matters is how
the license is applied to the source code.

Read the copyright headers in the individual source files (every single
one of them) and any explicit mentions of the license in the README or
website. If it is ambiguous or contradictory, communicate with the
upstream developers and explicitly verify and include a copy of that
communication (preferably a email) in the SRPM.

Rahul