[fedora-india] Install Fest @ MIT manipal

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:34:00 UTC 2009

hi,

I've just returned from a LUG 'meeting'. The first years have just been
given their laptops,and, keeping that in mind, an install fest has been
planned. Distro of choice is Fedora (second year in a row ;) )

The install fest is scheduled for the 6-8 of October. Taking stats from
the install fest at the OpenWeek[1] last sem, we set approx 120 laptops
free with Fedora. For the OpenWeek, we had burnt our own media (on our
laptops). This caused wastage etc. (since manipal does not have a place
that burns mass media, and laptop dvd burners tend to fail more than
succeed).Hence,  I'd like to request media for the Install fest.

Another issue we need help on: "How to make a local repo available to
120 ppl during the install fest."

The situation is this: we dont have hardware(routers etc.), the
intranet, uhm, *sucks*, and giving them repos burnt onto a dvd again
causes lots of wastage.

What we do have : All the lug members who'll help will have laptops.

What would be the best way of providing the local repos?

Awaiting your responses,

[1] links:

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/photos-linux-open-week/

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/event-report-linux-open-week/

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2009/03/13/open-week-posters/

http://lifeinmanipal.wordpress.com/2009/03/21/lug-manipal-open-week/

PS : cc'ing the LUGM mailing list , to keep them in the loop.
--
regards,

Ankur