[fedora-india] problem in Installing new OS using Virtual box

malathi selvaraj malathiramya at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 06:25:12 UTC 2009

hi.

 I am using fedora 11

 I installed sun virtual box,through  rpm package download from here
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

 I created new virtual machine,when i start the new virtual machine,it show
the following error

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine BOSS 2.
Virtual machine 'BOSS 2' has terminated unexpectedly during startup.

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

The VirtualBox Linux kernel driver (vboxdrv) is either not loaded or there
is a permission problem with /dev/vboxdrv. Re-setup the kernel module by
executing

'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup'

as root. Users of Ubuntu, Fedora or Mandriva should install the DKMS package
first. This package keeps track of Linux kernel changes and recompiles the
vboxdrv kernel module if necessary.

--
Regards,
S.Malathi.