[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Re: Test LDAP instance

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 12 22:58:35 UTC 2006

On 8/12/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Ok, I have a virgin install of FDS up and running on bastion.  It's
> actually running under its own dir in my home directory so we can move
> it around/back it up as needed.  Connection info is fairly simple.
> Since this is just a test I figure no need to request firewall
> changes.  SSH should be able to take care of it.

Stupid send button right next to the save button

Step 1:
Install sun's java.  I've been testing with jre1.5.0_08.

Step 2:
Install fedora's directory server on your workstation (for the admin console)

Step 3:
add "bastion.fedora.phx.redhat.com" to your /etc/hosts file for 127.0.0.1

Step 4:
Create the ssh tunnel:
ssh -L 18739:bastion:18739 -L 17388:bastion:17388 -N bastion.fedora.redhat.com
LDAP port - 18739
Admin port (HTTP) - 17388

Step 5:
Test the admin port by pointing your browser to http://localhost:17388/

Step 6:
Start the console:
cd /opt/fedora-ds/
./startconsole -u admin -a http://localhost:17388/

contact me for a username and password.  Don't make any changes wihout
consulting lyz or abompard, this their instance to play with.  lyz and
abompard, I need to get you setup with shell access for bastion,
contact me for more info.

          -Mike

            -Mike

Don't make any changes without running it by lyz or abompard.