[Fedora-infrastructure-list] More Servers for PHX Colo

Stacy J. Brandenburg sbranden at redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 19:29:18 UTC 2006

I am also covering the other needed costs for switching/pdus/racks/etc....

Nate and Warren are speaking now about specific HW.

As an FYI, I would like the ok to take the fedora infrastructure off
line, for a day, the last week of this month.  I have "acquired" (don't
ask me questions on this) a full rack.  I would like to move your stuff
from the current half height rack gafton and I "acquired" a few years
ago and move it into the full height unit.  This will require about 6
hours of downtime while we move stuff.  Honestly, maybe much less, but I
need to be safe.

I will jump on the meeting tomorrow on IRC and also talk about it so
everyone knows and approves....

Max Spevack wrote:
| On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Warren Togami wrote:
|
|> Hey folks,
|>
|> I talked with Max Spevack today about the status of the Dell server
|> donation. To his knowledge as of yesterday nothing has arrived for him
|> yet.
|>
|> Max agreed generally that we need more boxes in the colo, and he wants
|> information of what type of servers (features, U sizes, cost).  I
|> assume the type of serial console with access to BIOS is an important
|> requirement, but otherwise we need standard rackmount boxes?  Does
|> anyone know any more details about our colo?
|

| I don't particularly care about all the technical specs of the boxes --
| I just need to know what we need in general, what we plan to use it for,
| and how much it's going to cost.
|
| There shouldn't be any budget issues for a couple of thousand dollars
| worth of boxes, but that's only if I can give a useful accounting of
| what the money is buying us.
|
| --Max

- --
= Stacy J. Brandenburg                    Red Hat Inc. =
= Manager, Network Operations      sbranden at redhat.com =
= 919-754-4313                   http://www.redhat.com =

Key ID 0x1828D94D
Fingerprint
03F7 43BE 1150 CCFA F57B 54DD AEDB 1C27 1828 D94D