[Fedora-infrastructure-list] when to use OTRS (Was: Re: FESCo, hello? - [was: Re: Buildsys status pages down])

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Tue Aug 22 08:54:43 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Is it still the case that the reporters don't get any feedback nor
> status
> updates when tickets are closed?

In my own OTRS setup I reply to the 'customer' when closing a ticket
and set the nexy ticket state to be 'closed succesfully'. It is also
possible to setup notifications to the 'customer' upon certain state
changes. In the current setup however it seems possible to just close
a ticket without sending any notification. Either the 'agents' should
be told to not close a ticket by just changing the state, but by
sending a reply and setting the next state by that, or notifications
for state changes to 'closed' should be set up.

Nils Breunese.