[Fedora-infrastructure-list] when to use OTRS (Was: Re: FESCo, hello? - [was: Re: Buildsys status pages down])

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 23 13:57:56 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:42:28 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> >
> > > To help clarify things, yesterday I disabled new bug reports in
> > > bugzilla's "Fedora Infrastructure" product.
> > >
> > > Most of the infrastructure issues lend themselves better to the
> > > "report via e-mail and have an open issue for each person" model that
> > > OTRS facilitates.
> >
> > Is it still the case that the reporters don't get any feedback nor status
> > updates when tickets are closed?

Tickets now send a closed status update.  Users are allowed to re-open
tickets.  This was actually enabled on most of the queues already, I'm
not sure why some of them were disabled.  Just a reminder to the
admins working on tickets, use the email reply link to send emails to
users.  The "note" link is for internal notes only, end users won't
see them.

            -Mike