Fwd: [Fedora-infrastructure-list] A cvs space for the Usability Sig

Damien Durand splinux at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 28 23:24:23 UTC 2006

Sorry for the confusion in my previous mails.

Well, I spoke with the Usability team about a cvs space and I'm able to
provide somes answers and what we need.

First, one of goals of the Usability sig is to redefine the system-config-*
tools and Fedora applications for more intuitivity, accessibility... and
more. The problem is that the system-config-* tools are hosted on the red
hat cvs. We don't an acces or provide somes modifications to this cvs and we
don't have an acces to it. It would be better that Fedora Usability has its
own cvs space not to interfere with RH's work and to ease the collaboration
between Fedora Usability contributors, and by consequent hosted some
documentations, patchs and other tools related to usability.

Next, cvs provide a good quality of work, with this we can work efficient
and obtained a productive work. Currently, we're exchanging sources through
mails which is not a solution.

We also need an usability component on Bugzilla, to collect requests and bug
reports from users.

Then an usability group in the fedora account system will help to shape the
organisation of the project and to restrain cvs acces to registered
contributors.

Thanks for your patience,

Damien Durand