Web server torturing

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Dec 7 03:07:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 18:02 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Before we get started I'm hoping to get
> cacti set up for a good baseline.

Not to denigrate Cacti but you might want to take a look at Zabbix... It
was recently included in FE (I did the review).  It's a little bit
trickier to set up but the polling is done using a server & agent
written in C, as opposed to Cacti which is largely PHP.  I've been
working on a Zabbix install at work and I poll a number of variables
every 5 sec.

Jeff