Fwd: [Ticket#2006121110000016] New ticket notification! (Fedora planet RSS [...])

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Dec 12 12:17:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 22:24 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Anyone familiar enough with our rss system that can take a look at
> this?  If not I'll have a look tomorow.

I looked at it.

there's nothing that can be done. Some arbitrary feed has a garbage
character which corrupts the whole feed in terms of the validator.
There's no way to prune those in planet other than removing the feed
from the configurations.

Users of the feed have bitched about all sorts of things but they don't
seem to understand how the feeds work.

-sv