[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Basic Ticketing Work Flow

Ryan Ordway ryan.ordway at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jul 10 18:23:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 14:17 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2006, at 12:57, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > I've created a basic ticketing workflow system for OTRS.  http://
> > fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Tickets/WorkFlow
> >
> > It's a quick tutorial on how to lock, email, comment and resolve a
> > ticket.  The trick is to make sure we all use the system but not
> > have it be a huge bottle neck with so much overhead that its a
> > headache.  As always any comments are welcome.  We've had the
> > system for a while now but still with few tickets.  What do you
> > guys think of it?
>
> Looks cool to me! I think the main thing remaining to do is just
> nagging people to use it, until they do. That could mean sending a
> personal note (with this URL included) to each of the teams that is
> supposed to respond to a queue.
>
> The other half of getting people to use OTRS is sending reminders via
> e-mail of tickets people should be paying attention to. Is there a
> way to do that?

I had a script for RT that went through the ticket database and sent a
message to each user with open tickets giving them a list of their
tickets and a link to the ticket within RT. I might be able to modify it
for OTRS.

Ryan

Ryan Ordway                        E-mail: ryan.ordway at oregonstate.edu
Unix Systems Administrator             rordway at library.oregonstate.edu
Oregon State University Libraries
121 The Valley Library             Office: The Valley Library #4657
Corvallis, OR 97331