[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Database for Account System 2

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Sun Jul 16 03:53:05 UTC 2006

Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> At this point has it even been decided if it is going to be an LDAP
> backend, SQL backend or a combination of the two?  I think even that
> point was still being discussed.

To help facilitate the LDAP versus SQL debate I have added a link off of
Tom's AccountSystem2 Wiki page

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2

to an LDAP versus SQL page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2/LDAPvsSQL

Since the discussion has been ongoing in bursts here and there, I tried
to consolidate people's thoughts in one place.  I hope it will make it
easier for everyone to see what folks are thinking and comments for or
against any one solution.  I include links to emails in the archives and
even a few snippets from IRC logs.  There is also a "Currently Leaning"
entry that shows which direction a person is leaning towards (feel free
to change that if you have either changed your mind or I simply
interpreted your lean wrong :)  ).

I may have missed comments from someone as well, as not everyone appears
to be represented on the page I put up.  So if I missed you feel free to
add yourself to the page, but I suggest we keep the discussion on the
mailing list and use the Wiki simply to consolidate some of those thoughts.

Tom has done a good job of listing requirements on the AccountSystem2
page, so hopefully the two pages together can help us come to a
consensus and make the first steps forward.

-Jeffrey