[Fedora-infrastructure-list] ppc1

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Jul 29 14:59:52 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 4:35 pm, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are currently working on rebuilding ppc1 Please do not try and power
> cycle it or do anything with or to it until it is rebuilt.
>
> Regards
>
> Dennis
Hey All,

PPC1  is rebuilt and back in use
it is now running FC5 it has
mock-0.6-4.fc5
yum-2.6.1-0.fc5

hopefully  this will speed up chroot creation a little.  but most importantly
it should be using the minimal buildroot now.

over the weekend im going to upgrade ppc2 and 3,  and im going to attempt the
hammers also.  we dont have serial console access to the bios on the hammers
so im going to try them  by  putting the installer kernel and initrd in /boot
and booting from that.  It will mean  that we will have one shot at the
install.  If it fails  that builder will be out only a couple of days,  there
is someone at the colo all week.  We are also going to have them see if we
can get access to the bios over serial console.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
Proud Australian