[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Account System Updates

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jun 23 17:32:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 08:25 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> > P.S. joe^, if you're around, I didn't mean to exclude you from this
> > process. We did miss you at today's meeting, and everyone who pitches
> > in is welcome :)
>
> I'm pitching in ! :)
> I read the log, but it's not totally clear to me which framwork will be used
> for the account system. Turbogears ? Cherrypy ? Pure Python/CGI ?

I think everything's currently written in python cgi's.  From
yesterday's after meeting conversations, I think we're all impressed
with TurboGears.  If we can get it updated and building on FC3 then we
can install it to the app servers (RHEL4).  Elliot seems to have no
problems with building servers under the TurboGears model and
configuring Apache to ProxyPass to them.

Ignacio (TurboGears maintainer in Extras) has been busy and I haven't
seen him on IRC lately.  He's responded promptly to bugzilla, though.
If we get things running smoothly and let him know what we want to do he
might be open to us co-maintaining and managing the FE3 branch.

Tom (lyz) was going to look into upgrading and if anything special
needed to be done to get it running on RHEL4/FC3.  I don't think he's a
member of cvsextras, though, so someone else would have to step in as
official co-maintainer if Ignacio wants that *nudge nudge*

-Toshio