[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Backup thread

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 20:07:52 UTC 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 15:09, Curt Moore wrote:

> As much as it pains me to mention it (as I think of NFS), would it be
> worth looking at some sort of centralized storage so that the home
> directories are the same across all boxes?  Likely NFS is not the best
> solution here but it's the first that came to mind.

So my impression is that we're supposed to have some disk space
available on the NetApp there...

I think, though, that we want to avoid encouraging people to store
anything in their home directories at this point, because then we
wind up starting being a shell-account-hoster instead of focusing on
making Fedora better.

If we do really need shared homedirs, let's look into putting them on
the NetApp. Otherwise, let's just not worry about backing them up...

Best,
-- Elliot