Fedora Updates System

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sun Nov 12 21:42:20 UTC 2006

Hey Guys,

I just committed the first bits to the new updates system[0].  At the
moment it doesn't do much, but I defined an initial database model
(which will also help us see how to integrate this with the package db)
and a couple of controllers.

I also updated the UpdatesSystem wiki[1] page with screenshots of the current system that is used to push out core package updates.  Hopefully this will give people some context as to the direction this project is going in.

The code should be pretty well commented, especially in places that *need* code.

This project is going to become a top priority for me in about week, after
finals.  I'll try and produce a list of tasks at some point in the near
future that people can just pick up and work on.  But in the mean time,
if you would like to help out, I recommend reading over the wiki and
getting familiar with the current update process/system.  From there,
checkout the code, `yum install TurboGears` and start playing around
with it.

luke

[0]: http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/fedora-updates-system/?root=fedora
[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UpdatesSystem