Possibly Unneeded Database Attributes

Elliot Lee sopwith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 01:21:24 UTC 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 3:21 AM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

>>> Here they are in no particular order:
>>> internal_comments -- this is always blank right now
>>
>> Is this one for sponsors or higher level people within the project to
>> keep information about people like "Noticed that this account
>> attempted
>> to access internal infrastructure machines they don't have access to"
>> "cvs access was revoked 11-17-2006 because they added "Buy v!@gr@" to
>> the descriptions of twenty packages".
>
> This can be done using the standard "description" attribute of the
> inetOrgPerson schema.

FWIW, the original purpose of internal_comments was exactly what
Toshio said - to give group owners or account system administrators
the ability to keep notes that the user can't see, especially if
their access hasn't been approved yet. (At one point, I had it so
that you had to have your account approved, and not just access into
particular groups, and it made more sense then.)

Best,
-- Elliot