[Fedora-infrastructure-list] release days docs/instructions/faq

Damian Myerscough damian.myerscough at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 21:25:34 UTC 2006

We could also implement a load balancer using iptables "Nth" more details here:

http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-base.html#pom-base-nth

if you want to balance the load to the 3 addresses 10.0.0.5, 10.0.0.6
and 10.0.0.7, then you can do as follows :

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 --every 3
--packet 0 -j SNAT --to-source 10.0.0.5
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 --every 3
--packet 1 -j SNAT --to-source 10.0.0.6
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -m nth --counter 7 --every 3
--packet 2 -j SNAT --to-source 10.0.0.7

I am sure this could help.