[Fedora-infrastructure-list] hammer3

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 15:21:18 UTC 2006

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> For discussion once things settle down after the release.  It seems hammer3
> is very sick.  I have logged into its console and tried  to restart sshd
> which resulted in
> root at hammer3 ~]# /etc/init.d/sshd restart
> Stopping sshd: [FAILED]
> Starting sshd: /etc/init.d/sshd: line 100:  4550 Floating point exception$SSHD
> $OPTIONS
> [FAILED]
>
> on a reboot  quite a few of the services failed with Floating point
> exception's  most things on hammer3  don't work.  I could try a rebuild as vi
> works.  Or  we need  to look at replacing it.  thoughts? ideas? comments?

Pretty much everything crashes with a floating point exception.  I
wasn't able to download the memtest86+ RPM using any method.  I just
powered down the machine for now.

Maybe Stacy can take a look at it later when he has more time.

Meanwhile, do you think a xen guest to act as a temporary x86_64 builder
would be useful?  FC5 or FC6 guest OS?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com