[Fedora-infrastructure-list] <--- Remove That

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 06:35:32 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 14:19, Paul Singh wrote:
> > I'm with ya. Shortening it is a good idea -- if [FIL] is too short,
> > maybe [Fedora-Infrastructure] is a good start.
> >
> > It's a small change, but it would help me read subject lines without
> > having to actually open the email on my tiny laptop screen. :)
> >

> Personally, I'd be happy with nothing, but the shorter the better.

Nothing is fine.  Just filter the list based on email address.

If there is to be a change, why not do it across the board for all Fedora lists?

You could use the 2 letter acronym FC (as in Fedora Core).  Using
square brackets to denote a mailing list and removing the '-list'
section.

eg. [FC-Infrastructure] Subject
or for the fedora-laptop-list:
[FC-Laptop] Subject
or even:
[fc-laptop]

I've also noticed that the case for the naming of the Fedora mailing
lists are inconsistent.  Some start with a capital, F, some don't.

Why not make it lowercase across the board?  You already have the
description for the page so it will make it a lot neater and cohesive.

~ Julian
RHCT (RHCE in the making)