[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Package DB TurboGears/SQLObject schema

Elliot Lee sopwith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:05:33 UTC 2006

On 05/09/2006, at 01:46 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 15:55 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
>> On 29/08/2006, at 01:13 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
>>> Are the comments in this file accurate? Can you explain what the
>>> "status" fields in the *History classes represent?
>>
>> It tells you the new status of the item at that point in history. For
>> example, this lets you tell who changed a package from 'UNDER_REVIEW'
>> to 'APPROVED', and when.
>
> Ah.  Any reason not to combine that with the "action" column?

There are some actions (currently add and delete) that don't affect
the status. Overloading the action column to store the status as well
doesn't seem particularly clean to me, but I suppose it could be done.

The "right" way to do things might be to serialize the whole object
into history records, instead of trying to copy parts of its state
into the history fields.

Best,
-- Elliot