[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Re: fp.o Mail Server Migration

Stacy J. Brandenburg sbranden at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 20:26:30 UTC 2006

Please send a ticket to network at redhat.com and I will address this from
a IP/Name/ACL standpoint.  Once you have that in place and your server
is ready, we will forward the ticket over to Systems to move mail relay
to your machines.

Note, I am moving to AZ this week, and I will have spotty email coverage
during the move.  So it may not be an immediate response, but it should
be ready from my part by next Monday at the latest.

Warren Togami wrote:
> Due to the numerous problems that we're experiencing with fp.o mail
> relaying (currently losing some mail for an inexplicable reason), bounce
> handling and spam filtering, we'd like to move forward with migration to
> fp.o directly handling its own mail in the colo.
>
> We are comfortable running it within a xen guest as our load demands are
> actually rather small.
>
> We would need a new internal IP, and a public IP address with only port
> 25 forwarded from the outside.  I will setup one of our xen guests to
> use that IP and we will test it with a non-production domain name until
> we are satisfied that we are ready for the fp.o migration.
>
> IS folks, What are the steps to move forward on this?
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

= Stacy J. Brandenburg                    Red Hat Inc. =
= Manager of Network Operations    sbranden at redhat.com =
= 919-754-4313                   http://www.redhat.com =

Key ID 0x1828D94D
Fingerprint
03F7 43BE 1150 CCFA F57B 54DD AEDB 1C27 1828 D94D