sponsored vs volunteers

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 24 22:01:17 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:

> So I should log in to the package database and click yes I'm being paid
> to do this or no I'm know being paid to do this?  Whats the default?

Let's say you can have two fields

Sponsored: Yes/No. Default: No (Since most of the packages in the
repository are maintained voluntarily and we expect the percentage to
increase)

Sponsored by: <Empty>. Inactive if no.

> Where can I find these various discussions?

No public archives. Most of these were on phone or in person.
Fundamentally it is another metric that determines the health of the
community (users and contributors) and our understanding of them, like
the number of users (Statistics page) or what applications they run
usually (mugshot app stats)

Rahul