Re: Jigdo - A Professional Letter to Mike McGrath

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:41:24 +0100
Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip kanarip com> wrote:

We on the other hand have hundreds -if not thousands- of users
download the CD version of Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 while supposedly
they are in possession of the DVD images already.

What makes you say that?  When I poked at fedoraunity.org the only
download option I saw was jigdo, so how are you determining that these
people are using jigdo by choice rather than by necessity?

I don't think I said anything about those users /choosing/ to use Jigdo, but if I was likely to be misunderstood in that aspect I apologize.

Talking about necessity though, users interested in the Fedora 9 Everything Spin would need to use Jigdo as it is the only way anyone offers it (officially).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip