Re: Request for monotone

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:33:19 -0600
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:

> we've had a request to support monotone on hosted.  Instead of having
> this conversation in private I thought it best to put it on the
> list. So thoughts?  This is part "do we want to support monotone" and
> part "do we want hosted to be more then svn, hg, git, bzr".
>
> In general I'm happy supporting only those 4, we can't be everything
> for everyone and AFAIK we're the only OSS project with a hosted
> offering that supports 4 SCM's.

So far, the SCMs we support have been driven mostly by the SCMs that
Trac supports, with the exception to bzr which I had nothing to do with
setting up.

So the questions are, does Trac support monotone, does monotone lend
itself to a hosted environment (easy ssh commit access, http anon
access, useful web browser, easy to create empty repos for developers
to fill, etc...), is it in EPEL, does it have a security track record,
and uh... is there anybody on the infrastructure team that feels like
they could become our site expert on it?

--
Jesse Keating