Re: Search domains in our environment (Proposal)

Mike McGrath wrote:
Comments? +1's? -1's? I'm basically going for ease of use among the admins and since most people "ssh puppet1" instead of "ssh puppet1.fedora.phx.redhat.com" I think in our diverse environment it will be worth it and is easier then hosting a separate DNS server in each of our locations.

I forgot to mention one other concern. A MitM attack or DNS poisoning. This possibility does exist, but exists in our environment as is anyway. This is something we should look at mitigating but other than running a DNS server at every site, I'm not totally sure how to fix it. I consider all of our donations as partnerships. After all, they have local access to the box. At the same time though it is something we should count as a risk and mitigate as much as possible.