people.fedoraproject.org

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Feb 12 00:12:28 UTC 2007

O/H Dennis Gilmore έγραψε:
> Once upon a time Sunday 11 February 2007 9:13 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> It would be nice to offer a space for contributors to upload and
>> maintain content - files they want to share, documentation, packages etc.
>
> We have talked about this in the past,  We do not have the resources to offer
> this kind of service at this time.  Mike may know  something i don't though.

Dennis,

it is true that the resources of the Infrastructure Project (IP) are low and
officers are working in 10K tasks.. But, for every problem we could try to find
a solution so I'll try to suggest something; better than keeping the thoughts to
myself, right?

Lately we've seen a wave of new members in the IP looking for ways to contribute
to the project (especially after Mike's invitation email). I think most of them
haven't had the "chance" to really contribute (please correct me if I am wrong).
I just have the feeling that the IP has a lot of manpower that is left unused.

I believe suggestions, like the one Rahul is pointing out, are excellent ways of
handing responsibilities to people; at least for the design phase. So, to make
it more clear:

Let's assume an experienced person lays down requirements and a rough roadmap
for such a platform and an officer or other members of the IP are willing to
sponsor a person or a team of 2 to investigate the feasibility of such a
project. Are there any team members that might be willing to tackle this?

Just trying to see the glass half-filled... :)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/