people.fedoraproject.org

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Feb 12 05:02:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 00:12 +0000, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Dennis Gilmore έγραψε:
> > Once upon a time Sunday 11 February 2007 9:13 am, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>
> >> It would be nice to offer a space for contributors to upload and
> >> maintain content - files they want to share, documentation, packages etc.
> >
> > We have talked about this in the past,  We do not have the resources to offer
> > this kind of service at this time.  Mike may know  something i don't though.
>
> Dennis,
>
> it is true that the resources of the Infrastructure Project (IP) are low and
> officers are working in 10K tasks.. But, for every problem we could try to find
> a solution so I'll try to suggest something; better than keeping the thoughts to
> myself, right?
>
> Lately we've seen a wave of new members in the IP looking for ways to contribute
> to the project (especially after Mike's invitation email). I think most of them
> haven't had the "chance" to really contribute (please correct me if I am wrong).
> I just have the feeling that the IP has a lot of manpower that is left unused.
>
> I believe suggestions, like the one Rahul is pointing out, are excellent ways of
> handing responsibilities to people; at least for the design phase. So, to make
> it more clear:
>
> Let's assume an experienced person lays down requirements and a rough roadmap
> for such a platform and an officer or other members of the IP are willing to
> sponsor a person or a team of 2 to investigate the feasibility of such a
> project. Are there any team members that might be willing to tackle this?
>
> Just trying to see the glass half-filled... :)

I don't think anyone is stopping anyone from putting together design
plans. By all means, do so. The wiki is available if you'd like to put
together some estimates of what software and hardware requirements will
be. The only problem is that after you've done that we're still not sure
if we'll have the hw or the money available to make your designs happen.
If you're okay with that then please, do start drawing them up. If you
have other ideas on things we need but might not have the resources for
right now, bring them up. There's room for this sort of thing, I think.

-sv