Re: Miror management - downloads and users

Matthew Gillen wrote:

But don't most people get the ISO from Bittorrent?

AFAIK, no. Most people dont use bittorrent. They are not aware of the technology, it hasnt worked out to be faster for some of them and we dont particularly make it easier since we dont provide a bittorrent client by default in Fedora yet. Moreover there are things like firewall restrictions, policy against using bittorrent etc in many places.

Would you attempt to
count them as well?

Thats already tracked in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics. See the section called downloads.

Rahul