planet sub domains

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 03:52:45 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dennis Gilmore (dennis at ausil.us) said:
>> So it came up that it could be useful if there were sub planets.  say
>> art.planet.fedoraproject.org  for people posting art work.  or docs  or some
>> other fedora sub topics.
>>
>> What does every one think of the possibilities?
>
> I'd rather just see everyone in one aggregator. Even the French
> that I can't read. :)

I'm thinking content other than blogs... eg a feed of artwork.

There's already a couple of folks on the art team that have deviant art
feeds - I'm not sure they would be entirely appropriate for the main
planet? (and if you have both your blog and your feed of artwork
published to the planet... do you have a special 'artwork' hackergotchi
for that feed? hehe)

I'm trying to work towards having a nice feed of Fedora-related artwork
as a precursor to some of the background channels stuff that's been
talked about in the past.

~m