Mirrormanager thoughts

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Jan 2 04:20:13 UTC 2007

Just a quick status on where we're at with the mirror manager system.
Farshad, Mike, Luke, and I have all spent some time thinking about
this.

Luke started, and I've added to, a page of what we'd like to see in a
mirror management system.  See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/MirrorManagement.  Please
review this and update/change as you like.

Farshad has made a good start implementing parts of this in
TurboGears.  I've asked for a Trac project into which his source code
can be put so we can collaborate on it.  I want to make sure we get the schema
right for what we need to accomplish before we spend too much time
coding.

Before we unleash it to we'll need to tie this into the Fedora Account System
for user authentication, but that can be tackled in parallel to the
rest of the system development.

Thanks,
Matt

--