Config stuff and glump (as my introduction)

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 01:21:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 16:19 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> To use puppet, I'd have to learn "yet another config
> language" and ruby, which is prohibitively time-consuming.

There is absolutely no reason why a puppet user would need to know ruby
- there are plenty of people who use puppet and have no ruby knowledge.

As for having to learn another config language vs. extending glump: you
can master puppet's language in a couple of hours or so. You would need
to weigh that against how long it would take you to extend glump to do
what you need it to do.

David