Fudcon - Items for discussion

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Jan 6 01:20:46 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 3:17 pm, Mike McGrath wrote:
> What should be added or removed?  Remember this is going to be a time
> for us to actually sit in a room and get stuff done.
>
> High level goals (Infrastructure Specific):
>     1) Basic auth/group API for the old Accounting system and the new
> one in Python.
>     2) Update System hacking (lmacken lead)
>     3) Finalize the new postfix server
>     4) Discuss the "Fedora Noc" + initial coding / Design
>     5) Volunteer sponsorship
>     6) Future of the wiki (Moin)
>     7) Design and coding of new account system (Try to find something
> that is already out there)
>     8) Hosting (Jkeating lead)
>     9) Package Database
>    10) Backup Server (Finalize)
>
> High level goals (general non-infrastructure specific)
>     1) Lowering the barrier to entry without sacrificing
> infrastructure / security
>     2) Volunteer management (coordination might be a better word)
>     3) VCS / SCM future (Lead by those in the sig)
>
> I'd also like to get with some of the other dev's to get an idea of whats
> important for them to have going forward and whats needed for this
> release.
I think in this new world We are going to have greater demands placed on us.
We really need to know what we are in for at release time.   There is a whole
lot of stuff that has always happened by RH IS staff. will this continue to
be the case  or  Will we pick up new tasks?   otherwise it sounds good.

Should we have a infrastructure dinner to get to know everyone a bit better?

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
Proud Australian