Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: About Fedora Directory Server Project (directory)]]

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 11:27, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 11:17, seth vidal wrote:
> > > Buzzword, buzzword, marketing-speak, buzzword buzzword.
> >
> > close-source software, buzzword, marketing-speak
>
> Perhaps we should write a policy and get it board approved.  "We will
> not run any software that does not meet the approval of one of our
> licenses"  Are we currently breaking that rule anywhere in our
> infrastructure?

If you consider internal Red Hat stuff, like Brew for core, distill for
composing core (at least FC6), the update tool currently used, those are all
closed source, but replacements or opensourceing of all of these are in
progress.

> It'd be nice to just point him to the policy so they know.  We've had
> people ask us in the past to install stuff.
>            -Mike

yeah...

--
Jesse Keating