Re: Email addresses

while account fp o is technically easier, first last fp o looks better and is more professional. If we can keep it, I'd rather do!
A check for ASCII characters only + uniqueness might be all that's needed in the web app as suggested

On 1/21/07, Elliot Lee <sopwith gmail com> wrote:

On Jan 18, 2007, at 15:57 , Mike McGrath wrote:

> At present we provide two @fedoraproject.org addresses to everyone who
> has a fedoraproject account.
>
> account fp o
> and
> first last fp o
>

> Notting pointed out that its only a matter of time before we have a
> collision in first.last.  Should we just get rid of it?  I don't know
> of anyone using it.

Another possible solution - add a 'UNIQUE' constraint onto the
human_name field in the db...

Best,
-- Elliot