Official mirror requirements

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 23 17:54:36 UTC 2007

Matt Domsch wrote:

> I'm working on it... :-)
>
> We don't force everyone to carry everything.  Most folks don't carry
> Extras right now.  Most folks carry only i386 and x86_64.  A few only
> carry updates.  And *everyone* uses a different URL to get to their
> content.  Maintaining it manually is impossible anymore - hence the
> need for some software.
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/MirrorManagement for
> what I've got in mind, a little of which already works.

Thanks. The original mail was send by me long back before I subscribed
to this list and has been struck on the moderation queue for a while I
guess. I did find this page and added a note on source packages. It
would very useful if the individual mirrors had a note clearly marking
the type of access (http/ftp/rynsc), repositories (core/extras),
architecture, source and binary packages and other details so users can
quickly understand which mirror carry the content they want and how to
access them.

Rahul