Re: Infrastructure SCM

Oliver Falk wrote:
On 07/02/2007 04:13 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
starting this up again.  Since we want it to be distributed we're left
with either git or mercurial.  Can I take a non-binding vote from the
people on this list as to a preference on each?  Remember, our needs in
Infrastructure are really pretty simple, so at a glance.  What do you
guys think?

git:

mercurial:

I have no experience with both. I would say: The one that is faster.
Especially with a few thousand dirs (and growing...):
[oliver pils extras.public]$ ls -1 | wc -l
4660

Actually this SCM is just for our infrastructure stuff (not the packages) so it replaces what is now in: http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/?root=fedora