[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Fedora 7 Upgrade



On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 10:39 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> We currently run many test servers, 3 app servers and 10 Build servers 
> off of Fedora 6.  Do we
> 
> A) Upgrade everything to Fedora 7
> B) Upgrade nothing to Fedora 7
> C) Upgrade things as needed.
> 
> 
> I'm for C.  I think the mash server may already have a request to be 
> upgraded.  The others I don't think there is a compelling reason to 
> upgrade and we should wait for Fedora 8 or until something comes up that 
> may require it.
> 
Depends...

What is the reason for those boxes to be on Fedora instead of RHEL?  If
it's because FC6 had things not in RHEL4 maybe we can make a switch to
RHEL5 at some point.  If the reason is we want the flexibility of moving
to the latest code along with Fedora instead of waiting for RHEL to
upgrade/backport then perhaps they should be on the latest Fedora where
the latest code is more likely to land sooner.

In the case of the app servers running TurboGears, I think that it was a
lack of TG requirements on RHEL4 that held us back.  I also think we're
close to having TG for RHEL5 so we might want to move test servers to
RHEL5, check that the applications run there, and then move the app
servers handling those to RHEL.

-Toshio

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]